In May, The Allergy & Free From Show 2012 will be taking place in London, and a few
months later in the fall in Liverpool. Too bad it's not happening in Boston; I'd be there in a heartbeat!
The press release has some interesting stats on allergies in the UK and good info about the show, so I am copying and pasting most of it below for you to read. Tickets are FREE for Food Allergy Buzz readers; just click here for tickets! With a gallon of milk costing over $4 these days and a loaf of bread about $4 too, I get super excited by discounts and freebies!!! WOO-HOO!!! FREE TIX!
The UK has one of the highest Allergy rates in the world, with...
- 30 Million people estimated to have food intolerance’s...this is almost HALF our population
- 18 million people will develop an allergy at some point in their lives
- 9 million people have hayfever
- 6 million people have eczema
- 5 million people have asthma
- 40% of school children have at least one allergic condition
What can you expect from AFF 2012...
- Try & Buy - shopping for new and innovative products
- Free-to-attend seminars
- Consultant Allergists, Dermatologists, Dieticians & Respiratory Specialists
- Sainsbury's Cooking Zone – inspirational free-from cooking classes
- Demo Zone – interactive live demonstrations of the latest products, therapies and medical advice
- Parent workshops
- Health professional masterclasses
Seriously, this is a really exciting event! It is Europe's largest "public exhibition dedicated to those living with allergies, intolerances and autoimmune diseases (like coeliac disease)." I hope Food Allergy Buzz readers in and near the UK who attend the Show will write us after the event and tell us how it is! (You know, London sure sounds like a great place for a visit in May, don't ya think? Can we work something in? A sorta vacation/food allergy education trip? That would work for me!)