At Chicago’s McCormick Place, the THRIVE Allergy Expo will be held April 18-19, 2009 for those living with and interested in allergies and "gluten-related conditions". It promises to be an interesting event.
- "There will be Exhibitors showcasing an assortment of allergy-specific and gluten-free products.
- Marketplace Forum where attendees can view demonstrations and sample products.
- Healthy Living Forum where allergies and Celiac Disease will be discussed by renowned medical physicians and professionals.
- Free-from Cooking Stage
- Twinject offering several seminars over the course of the weekend on how to administer the only auto-injector with two doses of epinephrine.
- Family Lounge with artificial intelligence robot Sico.
E-Ticketing has gone live but because of the educational sessions, tickets may be limited. Individuals may purchase tickets to secure admission at www.thriveallergyexpo.com. Adults are $10 or $15 for a 2-day pass, children under 12 are free when accompanied by an adult. This is an opportunity to help families learn about these conditions from credible sources, yet not spend a fortune to do it. In order to further lend support to the not for profit effort, Thrive will donate back to participating non-profits the full face value of tickets purchased by their members. For more information please call 866-617-EXPO or log onto the website at www.thriveallergyexpo.com."
Any Food Allergy Buzz readers planning to attend?