Here is something I observed while substitute teaching in a room with two teachers. A six year old boy with life threatening allergies to peanuts, nuts, and milk, ate snack beside his friends in the classroom. His allergies are severe enough that he cannot have skin contact with peanuts, nuts or milk. A few minutes into snack-time, the boy next to him spilled all of his milk on himself and his chair. In the meantime, the child with allergies set his safe snack down on the table surface and went off to talk to his friends. The milk spill was cleaned up. No reactions occurred.
What do you think? Would you be concerned?